Tuesday, November 18, 2014

End of an Hiatus.

I fell off the blogosphere last May as life became crazy with new adventures and transitions.  This spring, Bishop Robert Deeley named me Vocation Director for the Diocese of Portland and chaplain to St. Dominic Academy.  The move and initial effort to settle into my new position have made it impossible to post, particularly since I have no longer been celebrating a regular parish Sunday Mass and thus do not always have a Sunday homily prepared each week as I have in the past.

In recent months I have been debating whether I should continue to try to maintain a blog.  I was concerned about how consistently I would be able to post, given the demands on my time.  It is one thing to post Sunday homilies – quite another to work on blog posts for their own sake.

Yet I think I will give it a shot.  I am not sure how often I will be able to post something, but there are things that I would like to write about and that I hope can be of use to others – particularly with regard to discernment and the vocations work that I am now doing.  So I will continue on with this experiment of Sparks and Stubble – albeit in a different mode. 

Thank you to all who have commented and encouraged me over the past few years!  May God bless you and your families.

No comments:

Post a Comment